IDEX is five weeks away and the exhibition itself will actually be the first “in-person” event taking place in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi since the start of the pandemic however due to global travel restrictions (specifically Canadian restrictions in our case) we are partnering with the Canadian Business Council to host a two day virtual experience.
About the Virtual Mission:
- In partnership with the Embassy of Canada to the UAE and the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)
- This virtual mission is a 2-day virtual event and will include topics such as aerospace, defense and security, localization and offset, space, land and sea capabilities, and others.
- The event will be followed by 2-3 weeks of Business-to-Business (B2B) meeting space, taking place in February to March 2021 timeframe, in the weeks preceding and after the week of International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX) 2021.
- It will help Canadian and non-Canadian regional companies establish and develop business relationships in the UAE and the region, through market and technical briefings, and a comprehensive Business-to-Business networking program.
- The program is fee for all Trade Commissioner Service clients
More information about the mission including how to register is in this link: https://cbcabudhabi.com/event-4099642
I have attached the proposed agenda however please do bear in mind that this is still open to change.
Please do reach out with your questions to Sheena firstname.lastname@example.org or myself.
About the “In person” IDEX exhibition:
If you would like to get some more information on registering with CADSI to attend the event in person either as a walker or an exhibitor, please contact Steven Hillier email@example.com . Please do note the following:
- As of January 7, 2021, Canada will require all arriving/returning air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test upon arrival/return to Canada https://globalnews.ca/news/7547089/coronavirus-canada-vaccine-update-dec-30/
- Returning to Canada will require you to quarantine for 14 days. Please use the following link to stay up to date with the ever-evolving situation and requirements to enter back into Canada
- The Canada Pavilion will be hosted and represented by the Canadian Embassy personnel in Abu Dhabi. Use this link to track the latest information regarding traveling to the UAE https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-arab-emirates
- The UAE have produced the following video to help delegates understand what to expect when arriving at the airport - https://youtu.be/xgxIDcisN5U
- ADNEC has also provided us with the following COVID19 protocols that will be in effect at IDEX. Please pay close attention as it may impact some of your planning.
- I will be the main point of contact at the CADSI stand & conference and am looking forward to meeting those of you will plan to attend and would be delighted to hear more about your plans.
The Government of Canada is advising strongly against all unnecessary travel.
We do hope that you can join us and participate.