7 avril 2023 | International, C4ISR

Leonardo, Siemens sign deal to create cybersecurity platform

Leonardo and Siemens on Thursday said they signed a memorandum of understanding to offer cybersecurity solutions for infrastructure in the energy, oil and gas and industrial sectors.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/leonardo-siemens-sign-deal-create-cybersecurity-platform-2023-04-06/

Sur le même sujet

  • Army backs off idea to submit its own bid in Bradley replacement competition

    18 septembre 2020 | International, Terrestre

    Army backs off idea to submit its own bid in Bradley replacement competition

    Jen Judson WASHINGTON — The Army is backing off a plan for the service to submit its own bid to the Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle replacement competition after it indicated its intention to offer up its own design in a draft request for proposals posted in July. The service tried once before to competitively solicit designs for its Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle (OMFV) but ended up with just one offering after its requirements proved too onerous to industry and included a requirement to deliver a working prototype to the Army by October 2019. In a statement sent to Defense News Sept. 17 from Ashley John, an Army spokeswoman, she said “As a result of industry feedback and continuous dialogue between Army senior leaders, the government will not submit a proposal in response to the OMFV RFP. A revision to the draft OMFV RFP was made today and deletes paragraph A.3.1 Interested Government Offeror in its entirety." The Army's intention to develop its own bid was met with scrutiny as industry officials questioned whether the service could play the game after service leaders had already seen industry's cards during an earlier iteration of the competition. The move, many in industry thought, would have easily teed up protests. With pressure to get the competitive process right this time in a program where the service plans to spend $4.6 billion from fiscal 2022 through FY26, it is turning to industry input earlier and more than ever. Congress questioned Army leaders earlier this year on why it seemed the service did not pay attention to the signs or listen to industry and make adjustments before having to cancel its previous competition. First, BAE Systems, which manufactures the Bradley, decided not to compete due to unachievable requirements set within a very short timeline. Then the Army had to disqualify a Raytheon and Rheinmetall team because they couldn't get a physical bid sample to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, in time. The service, this time around, reviewed and analyzed over 500 industry comments in response to the draft RFP and will now spend several weeks providing responses to industry concerns, John said. “As we continue to progress through the first-phase of our five-phased approach for the OMFV program, communication, inclusive feedback and innovative thinking from industry remains key,” John said. The Army waded back into the OMFV effort with the release of a market survey in February that tapped industry for ideas on what a future vehicle might look like. The market survey itself asked companies to weigh in on what affected their decisions to participate in the previous OMFV competitive effort and how the Army might better engage with industry this time around. Instead of providing a laundry list of requirements that when paired together became unachievable — especially when delivered over an ambitious fielding goal of 2026 — the Army will give industry roughly nine characteristics with which to work. The Army is also not requiring the delivery of physical bid samples in the first phase of competition. The Army plans to release a final RFP in December, which will results in the award of up to five contracts in June 2021. It appears likely that the Raytheon and Rheinmetall team and General Dynamics Land Systems will submit bids for the new competition. BAE Systems has not publicly said whether they plan to compete this time. https://www.defensenews.com/land/2020/09/17/army-backs-off-idea-to-submit-its-own-bid-in-bradley-replacement-competition/

  • Army was right to kill multibillion-dollar helo program, analysts say

    12 février 2024 | International, Terrestre

    Army was right to kill multibillion-dollar helo program, analysts say

    The Army's plan to cancel its Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft was a surprise, but not a mistake, according to some defense experts.

  • Airbus, Leonardo : l'Espagne s'offre 23 NH90 supplémentaires

    2 janvier 2019 | International, Aérospatial

    Airbus, Leonardo : l'Espagne s'offre 23 NH90 supplémentaires

    Par Michel Cabirol L'Espagne a signé un contrat avec le consortium NHIndustries, composé d'Airbus Helicopters, Leonardo et le néerlandais Fokker portant sur l'acquisition de 23 NH90, dont sept dans une version navale tactique. Airbus Helicopters et Leonardo ont terminé l'année sur une très belle commande. Selon nos informations, l'Espagne a signé un contrat avec le consortium NHIndustries (NHI), composé d'Airbus Helicopters (62,5%), Leonardo (32%) et le néerlandais Fokker (5,5%) portant sur l'acquisition de 23 NH90, dont sept dans une version navale tactique. Le gouvernement espagnol avait décidé en septembre, lors d'un conseil des ministres, de consacrer une enveloppe budgétaire de 1,5 milliard d'euros à l'achat de 23 nouveaux NH90 (dix pour l'armée de Terre, six pour l'armée de l'Air et sept pour la Marine). Le montant du contrat s'élève à 1,38 milliard d'euros (hors TVA). 2018 a vraiment marqué le retour du NH90 sur le plan commercial avec deux belles commandes : Qatar (28 NH90) et Espagne. Il y avait des années que le NH90 n'avait pas été exporté. La Nouvelle-Zélande en 2007 et la Belgique en 2008 avaient été les derniers pays à s'offrir des appareils de ce type. Fin 2015, le ministère de la Défense français avait commandé six hélicoptères NH90 dans sa version de transport tactique (TTH) destinés à l'aviation légère de l'armée de terre. Au total, 543 NH90 ont été commandés par les clients dans le monde entier. Une flotte renouvelée à partir de 2006 Le programme de renouvellement de la flotte d'hélicoptères a débuté en 2006 avec l'intention d'acquérir 45 hélicoptères NH90. Toutefois, en raison de restrictions budgétaires de l'époque, l'Espagne n'avait acheté que 22 appareils dans la version terrestre (TTH). Les nouveaux appareils de l'armée de Terre et de l'Air vont remplacer des Super Puma (AS332) tandis que ceux de la marine vont succéder aux très vieux Sikorsky S-60 pour des missions de transport tactique. En septembre, l'Espagne avait également décidé de moderniser ses hélicoptères lourds américains CH-47D Chinook pour un montant de 819 millions d'euros (livraison entre 2021 et 2025). https://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-finance/industrie/aeronautique-defense/airbus-leonardo-l-espagne-s-offre-23-nh90-supplementaires-802328.html

Toutes les nouvelles